LTCI has been an external quality monitor for 39 quality of care Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIAs) implemented by the Office of Inspector General (OIG) for the Department of Health and Human Services and individual state governments. LTCI and its staff have monitored large national organizations, small regional organizations and individual health care facilities/centers. LTCI and its staff understand the requirements of CIAs and the role of an external monitor. LTCI’s dedicated staff has years of experience working as external monitors, a deep understanding of corporate compliance programs, and decades of experience in the delivery and management of care and external quality assurance.
External Regulatory Surveys
LTCI and its staff work with multiple government agencies conducting external regulatory surveys using the traditional CMS and hybrid survey processes. LTCI and it staff have conducted over 750 external regulatory surveys and are experienced with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) survey processes including:
- Nursing facilities and skilled nursing facilities (NFs/SNFs);
- Home health agencies,; and
- Hospice providers.
LTCI and its staff are also experienced with the Joint Commission standards, life safety code (LSC), and the CMS Quality Indicator Survey (QIS) process. Many LTCI staff members previously worked as Federal or state surveyors.
LTCI and its staff are able to use this unique blend of consulting experience, external quality monitoring experience and external regulatory survey experience to help your organization. LTCI utilizes this experience and the wide range of staff expertise to drive success with:
- Compliance program development and review and compliance audits;
- QAPI program development and review;
- Development, implementation and review of internal quality monitoring and internal compliance monitoring programs;
- Training and consulting on “systems” development and data use for QAPI and other quality and compliance related functions. For more information on “systems” see LTCI’s Approach; and
- Training programs in QAPI, corporate compliance, healthcare compliance, regulatory compliance, culture change and transformation and risk management.
Please see the LTCI staff page for more information about LTCI’s interdisciplinary staff and experience.
LTCI has been an external quality monitor for 39 quality of care Corporate Integrity Agreements for the Department of Health and Human Services and individual state governments.